- PowerTap Hydrogen Fueling has signed a definitive agreement with the Andretti Group to create an optimized network by leveraging the latter’s operational expertise and global reach
- PowerTap plans to have 500 operational hydrogen filling stations deployed across the country by the end of 2025
- The existing business model’s deployment of hydrogen stations expedites rollout due to the existing fuel operations on each site
- The hydrogen fuel cell vehicle market worldwide was valued at $651.9 million in 2018 and is expected to grow to over $42 billion by 2026
Stemming from the announcement made by Clean Power Capital (CSE: MOVE) (FWB: 2K6) (OTC: MOTNF) on January 26, 2021, about the Definitive Agreement between investee PowerTap Hydrogen Fueling and the Andretti Group for the production and deployment of hydrogen fuel units across California, more details have been released regarding the agreed-on business model, as well as the agreement’s benefits for the parties involved (https://ibn.fm/WYoYt).
PowerTap is working to build and expand its hydrogen fueling station network, initially across North America, starting the second half of 2021. The platform is believed to be more cost-effective and expandable than other hydrogen filling station’s models. The significant advantage over these companies comes from PowerTap’s smaller physical footprint and capacity to produce hydrogen on-site. Other companies purchase hydrogen at high prices and store it.
To be eligible to host a hydrogen fueling station, a site needs to meet a series of requirements, including: to have an existing fuels retailer, a usable area of at least 1000 square feet, as well as access to utilities, including natural gas, electricity, and water.
The key points for the business model are:
- The retailer provides the land, with no leasing expenses required of PowerTap
- PowerTap, at their own expense, will install and maintain the modular hydrogen production and dispensing unit. These expenses also include branding costs and utilities.
- The retailer will market hydrogen fuel and generate profit the same way traditional fuel sales are conducted.
Under the agreement, participating retails have a number of advantages, including:
- A high-yield opportunity to create revenue out of the land that is not being used to full potential
- Retailers are eligible to receive a portion of the carbon credit revenue
- Minimal operating costs and high earnings as an additional means of profit
- New clientele group, generating additional purchases of other products or services
- The on-site production allows a competitive price (go-to-market) versus the delivered supply price
The advantages for PowerTap include:
- No land purchase or leasing expenses
- Co-development that provides access to prime and higher trafficked real estate
- A faster entitlement process due to the existing fuel operation
- Ability to leverage the Andretti Group’s established operations expertise and geographical reach for a more optimized network
- Ability to expedite rollout, with the deployment of over 500 PowerTap modular hydrogen production and dispensing units by the end of 2025
The PowerTap technology has already been deployed across multiple hydrogen fueling stations in both public and private enterprises. These can be found in California, Maryland, Massachusetts, and Texas. By the end of 2025, PowerTap plans to deploy over 500 stations at existing truck stops and gas stations across the country. At present, there are under 100 active hydrogen fueling stations operational and available to consumers.
The hydrogen fueling network plan enables PowerTap and by extension Clean Power Capital to access a fast-growing market rife with expansion opportunities. According to Allied Market Research, the global hydrogen fuel cell vehicle market, valued at $651.9 million in 2018, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 66.9% to 2026, reaching an estimated value of $42,038.9 million (https://ibn.fm/Rg9Te). The key factor influencing the push for hydrogen fuel vehicles is the surge in environmental concerns over traditional fossil fuels. Hydrogen fuel does not generate greenhouse gas (“GHG”) emissions during operation like diesel and gasoline-powered vehicles.
The United States is already engaging in the hydrogen economy and currently leads in the number of hydrogen cell vehicles globally. The government is investing hundreds of millions of dollars per year in the hydrogen fuel industry, helping potentially create approximately 3.4 million jobs within the next three decades (https://ibn.fm/qF0M4).
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.CleanPower.Capital.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to MOTNF are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/MOTNF
About Green Car Stocks
Green Car Stocks (GCS) is a specialized communications platform with a focus on electric vehicles (EV), as well as other emerging market opportunities in the green sector. The company provides (1) access to a network of wire services via NetworkWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets (3), enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via the Investor Brand Network (IBN) to nearly 2 million followers, and (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, GCS is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, GCS brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. GCS is where news, content and information converge.
To receive SMS text alerts from Green Car Stocks, text “Green” to 21000 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.greencarstocks.com
Green Car Stocks is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.